The act or an instance of transforming.
b. The state of being transformed.
2. A marked change, as in appearance or character, usually for the better.
a. Replacement of the variables in an algebraic expression by their values in terms of another set of variables.
b. A mapping of one space onto another or onto itself.
a. A rule that systematically converts one syntactic form or form of a sentence into another.
b. A construction or sentence derived by such a rule; a transform.
a. The change undergone by an animal cell upon infection by a cancer-causing virus.
b. The alteration of a bacterial cell caused by the transfer of DNA from another bacterial cell, especially a pathogen.
1. a change or alteration, esp a radical one
2. the act of transforming or the state of being transformed
3. (Mathematics) Maths
a. a change in position or direction of the reference axes in a coordinate system without an alteration in their relative angle
b. an equivalent change in an expression or equation resulting from the substitution of one set of variables by another
4. (Physics / General Physics) Physics a change in an atomic nucleus to a different nuclide as the result of the emission of either an alpha-particle or a beta-particle Compare transition 
5. (Linguistics) Linguistics another word for transformational rule
6. (Performing Arts / Theatre) an apparently miraculous change in the appearance of a stage set
1. the act or process of transforming.
2. the state of being transformed.
3. change in form, appearance, nature, or character.
4. Logic. a mapping between equivalent expressions.