Three kinds of laziness
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- the laziness of lethargy or inactivity (snyom las 'dzin pa'i le lo)
- the laziness of attachment to negative behaviour (bya ba ngan pa zhen gyi le lo)
- the laziness of self-discouragement or despondency (sgyid lug bdag nyid brnyas pa'i le lo)
Overcoming the Three Kinds of Laziness
Patrul Rinpoche says:
- "Spurred on by the hook of impermanence, you can overcome the laziness of inactivity.
- The laziness of attachment to negative behaviour can be overcome by thinking about the joys of the sacred Dharma.
- The laziness of self-discouragement can be overcome by encouraging yourself and bolstering your self-confidence."