sudassana : (adj.) having a good appearance.
1. Sudassana. The city of birth of Sumedha Buddha. J.i.37, 38; Bu.xii.18.
2. Sudassana. A monastery in Rammanagam where Dipankara Buddha lived. J.i.11; DhA.i.69.
3. Sudassana. Younger brother and Aggasavaka of Sujata Buddha. J.i.38; Bu.xiii.25; BuA.169.
4. Sudassana. A park, at the gates of which Sujata Buddha performed his Twin Miracle (BuA.168) before going to Tusita.
5. Sudassana. The horse ridden by Atthadassi Buddha when he left the world. BuA.178.
6. Sudassana. The city where Atthadassi Buddha preached to the Bodhisatta. BuA.180.
7. Sudassana. Father of Piyadassi Buddha (BuA.172); but see Sudatta (9).
8. Sudassana. A palace occupied by Dhammadassi Buddha (Bu.xvi.14; BuA.182) in his last lay life; from this palace he left the world.
9. Sudassana. A pleasance in Subhavati where Anomadassi Buddha preached his first sermon. BuA.143.
10. Sudassana. A city where Sobhita Buddha performed his Yamaka patihariya under the cittapatali; King Jayasena built for him there a vihara one league in extent. BuA.138.
11. Sudassana. The city in which Narada Buddha died. Bu.x.33.
12. Sudassana. A palace occupied by Revata Buddha before his renunciation. Bu.vi.17.
13. Sudassana. A palace in Renuvati occupied by Vimala (7). Ap.i.61.
14. Sudassana. A deva king of Sudassana pabbata who was a heretic. Piyadassi Buddha visited him, refuted his views, and converted him with his ninety crores of followers. Bu.xiv.4f.; BuA.173.
15. Sudassana. A setthi whose daughter gave a meal of milk rice to Vipassi Buddha. BuA.195.
16. Sudassana. A nigama where the daughter of Piyadassi setthi gave milk rice to Sikhi Buddha. BuA.201.
17. Sudassana. A king of Sarabbavati. He was the Bodhisatta in the time of Vessabhu Buddha.
He later renounced his kingdom and became a monk. Bu.xxii.11; BuA.207; J.i.42.
18. Sudassana. A city near Isipatana where Konagamana Buddha preached (BuA.214). Sudassana was an old name for Benares. See J.iv.119; v.177.
19. Sudassana. A king of seventy one kappas ago; a previous birth of Ekasankhiya Thera. Ap.ii.391.
20. Sudassana. One of the disciples of Padumuttara Buddha. He was declared eminent among those who possessed Luck. It was his example which inspired Sivali to wish for similar honour. Ap.ii.493.
21. Sudassana. A park keeper of Dhannavati; he gave grass to Narada Buddha for his seat. BuA.151.
22. Sudassana. Thirty four kappas ago there were four kings of this name, previous births of Madhupindika Thera. Ap.i.137.
23. Sudassana. A garland maker of Hamsavati. He gave a jasmine garland to Padumuttara Buddha. He was a former birth of Mutthipupphiya Thera. Ap.i.142; cf. ThagA.i.127.