1. Possessing or exercising skill; expert. See Synonyms at proficient.
2. Characterized by, exhibiting, or requiring skill.
1. having or exercising skill: a skillful juggler.
2. showing or involving skill: a skillful display of fancy diving.
skillful, skilled, expert refer to ability or competence in an occupation, craft, or art. skillful suggests adroitness and dexterity: a skillful watchmaker. skilled implies having had long experience and thus having acquired a high degree of proficiency: not an amateur but a skilled worker. expert means having the highest degree of proficiency.
skillful - having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude; "adept in handicrafts"; "an adept juggler"; "an expert job"; "a good mechanic"; "a practiced marksman"; "a proficient engineer"; "a lesser-known but no less skillful composer"; "the effect was achieved by skillful retouching"
adept, expert, practiced, proficient, skilful, good
skilled - having or showing or requiring special skill; "only the most skilled gymnasts make an Olympic team"; "a skilled surgeon has many years of training and experience"; "a skilled reconstruction of her damaged elbow"; "a skilled trade"
2. skillful - done with delicacy and skill; "a nice bit of craft"; "a job requiring nice measurements with a micrometer"; "a nice shot"
precise - sharply exact or accurate or delimited; "a precise mind"; "specified a precise amount"; "arrived at the precise moment"