- dawn (Tib. toreng; Wyl. tho rengs)—at this time, you can see the shape of your hand but can not see the lines on your palm.
- morning (Tib. ngadro; Wyl. snga dro)—from when you can see the lines on your palm until sunrise.
- mid day (Tib. nyinkung; Wyl. nyin gung)—when things hardly cast any shadow.
- afternoon (Tib. chidro; Wyl. phyi dro)—when shadows are not long.
- dusk (Tib. sö; Wyl. srod)—from sunset until you can no longer make out the lines on your hand.
- midnight (Tib. namkung; Wyl. nam gung)