Nyang Ral Nyima Ozer
The child was named Nyima Özer, 'Beam of Sunlight,' an extraordinary being who possessed eight marvellous signs including three moles in the shapes of the syllables om ah hung on his forehead, throat and heart center.
After being concealed at home until the age of twelve, unknown to other people, he was taken to a fair arranged by his uncle.
Following directions given to him by Padmasambhava in person, Nyima Özer went to the cave named Imprint of the Raksha's Claw and to Pearl Crystal Cave at Junipher Ridge where he received empowerment and blessings from both Padmasambhava and Yeshe Tsogyal.
Several of his revealed treasures are included in the Rinchen Terdzo, among which the most well known is the Kagye Deshek Dupa, a cycle of teachings focusing on the Eight Sadhana Teachings, and the biography of Guru Rinpoche called Sanglingma, now published as The Lotus-born.
Alternate Names & Spellings
Other Reference Sources
- For more details, see the H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche's The Nyingma School, its History and Fundamentals, Wisdom Publications.
- [http://www.rangjung.com/authors/nyang_ral_nyima_ozer.htm Short biographical notes about his life of extracted from Jamgon Kongtrul's The Lives of 100 Tertons)
- Add double-brackets "[[ ]]" around any relevant word or phrase and it will create a new page for that term or link to an already existing page
- http://www.tbrc.org/kb/tbrc-detail.xq;?RID=P364 TBRC P364
- http://www.rangjung.com/authors/nyang_ral_nyima_ozer.htm Nyang Ral Nyima Özer: a brief biography