Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 human eye: physical eyes, it is our flesh eye, an organ to see an object with limitation, for instance, in darkness, with obstruction.
- 2 divine eye: (perception of divine beings) it can see in darkness and in distance, attainable by men in dhyana (concentration/meditation).
- 3 wisdom eye: (perception of the two vehicles Sravakas and Pratyekabuddhas), the eye of Arhat and Two Vehicles i.e. the sound-hearers (Sravaka) and the Enlightened to Conditions (Praetyka-Buddha). It can see the false and empty nature of all phenomena.
- 4 Dharma eye, (perception of the bodhisattvas) the eye of Bodhisattva. It can see all the dharmas in the world and beyond the world.
- 5 Buddha eye: (perception of the Buddha), the eye of Buddha or omniscience. It can see all that four previous eyes can see.