beings: There are many different kinds of visible and invisible beings in the universe. Some are visible to ordinary beings with the naked eye and some only with powerful microscopes. Some are only visible to very highly evolved beings or to those we consider to be “psychic.” Beings are grouped into sentient beings or living beings that have consciousness and non-sentient beings that do not. In general, living beings can, in turn, be classed into two categories: living beings who are bound to samsara or the cycle of rebirth (ordinary beings) and liberated or enlightened beings who are not who are also known as holy beings or “saints.”
See also; “celestial beings.”
1. The state or quality of having existence. See Synonyms at existence.
a. Something, such as an object, an idea, or a symbol, that exists, is thought to exist, or is represented as existing.
b. The totality of all things that exist.
a. A person: "The artist after all is a solitary being" (Virginia Woolf).
b. All the qualities constituting one that exists; the essence.
c. One's basic or essential nature; personality.
1. the state or fact of existing; existence
2. essential nature; self she put her whole being into the part
3. something that exists or is thought to exist, esp something that cannot be assigned to any category a being from outer space
4. a person; human being
5. (Philosophy) (in the philosophy of Aristotle) actuality Compare becoming
1. the fact of existing; existence.
2. conscious, mortal existence; life.
3. essential substance or nature: the very core of my being.
4. something that exists: inanimate beings.
5. a living thing.
6. a human being; person.
7. (cap.) God.
8. Philos. absolute existence in a complete or perfect state; essence.